To get the latest competitor details please click here to get the latest competitor details
Dear Club and Membership Secretaries,
Glasgow2014 – Public Ticket Application Process, please ensure this important message is circulated to all your club members as soon as possible:
Scottish Swimming will not be receiving an allocation of public tickets for the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. Unlike the 2012 London Olympics where Scottish Swimming secured a number of swimming tickets to make available to clubs, this will not be happening for next year and so it is essential that to have a chance of getting tickets you follow the Glasgow 2014 Ticket Application Process as detailed below.
Scottish Swimming would like to see as many members as possible in the crowd during the Games supporting our team members, so please apply for tickets at the start of the process.
Footnote – selected team members will receive a small allocation of tickets for Friends and Family, these numbers will be low and so again we encourage everyone to apply through the public process in the first instance.
Glasgow2014 – Ticket Application Process
Tickets for all sports will start at just £15 with two-thirds of all tickets on sale for £25 or less. There will be half-price tickets for under-16s and over-60s, and your ticket price will include public transport in the local area on the day of your event, which means you won’t have to worry about getting around!
The Application Process
Like all previous Commonwealth Games, Glasgow 2014 will run a fair and simple application process to ensure everyone has an equal chance of getting tickets. Here’s how it will work:
• On 19 August, tickets will go on sale and you’ll have four weeks to apply for the tickets you want online or by post.
• The application period will close on 16 September.
• Shortly afterwards, you will be contacted to let you know if your application has been successful.
• For tickets to the very popular events where there is likely to be more demand than seats available – like the 100m final - it will be a fair and simple draw. It’ll be completely impartial, selecting people from all of the applications received. If your session is not oversold, you’ll get the tickets you asked for.
• Don’t worry – there’s no chance of you being given tickets for Netball if you asked for Table Tennis. You will only be given tickets to the events you applied for.
• You will be contacted by email with a summary of your tickets
before any payment is taken.
For all information, please see the Glasgow 2014 website: http://www.glasgow2014.com/tickets/ticketing-explained