European Transfer Regulations

LEN requires all member governing bodies to ensure that the LEN International Player Transfer Certificate programme is adhered to by all players when moving to and from clubs in different nations. This includes someone coming from a European country to study or live in the UK and play water polo – full details can be found here:


Key links:

Transfer Process

LEN Regulations

LEN Transfer Regulations

(TRANSFERS OF NON-CONTRACT PLAYERS is likely to be the focus in Britain).


The process:

Forms need to be completed as above, the process is managed by British Swimming rather than Scottish Swimming.

Once a player has successfully transferred they will get an ITC (International Transfer Certificate) awarded by LEN – please submit these to Scottish Swimming ( and we will put them on the player’s profile on our membership system so we can access them if requested.